PRIVATE TRANSFER COSTS
So: How much does a private airport transfer cost to Meribel?
• For a very rough estimate until you get an exact journey quotation allow 75 – 150 euros per person return. (4 – 8 passengers)
• In terms of price, Chambery airport is normally cheapest, then Geneva airport , Grenoble and Lyon airports in that order.
• Price for a private minibus for your group will depend on time of the day, time of the season, and the number of passengers. Also some companies will reduce the price if your journey ties up with another in the opposite direction. For this reason it really is best to check them all.
• If you have 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 passengers then a private transfer can be cheaper than the public bus.
• For groups of 1, 2 or 3, it is better to try to do a shared transfer if possible.
The public bus service Geneva to Meribel is quite good in the winter ski season. However the other airports do not operate such a regular service so going private, especially in midweek is sometimes the only real option. Check transfers before booking your flight if possible.
• So I hope this helps you with your journey / travel arrangements but do feel free to E-Mail me if you need more help or information.